We prepare school leavers for mainstream employment and the broadest scope of opportunities
Fairhaven’s School Leaver Employment Support is available under the NDIS for eligible Year 12 students, providing support in transitioning to the workplace.
Fairhaven’s School Leaver Employment Support is available under the NDIS for students in their final year of schooling . Here at Fairhaven Disability services we provide support to transition into the workplace.
Over the 2 years of our program, we focus on capacity building and training with an emphasis on the school leaver having social and peer support. We believe there is great value in providing them with the opportunity to connect with other young people in the workplace who have experienced transitioning to work and the challenges that can bring.
We prepare school leavers for mainstream employment and the broadest scope of opportunities.
To our school leavers;
We want to support you to throw open the doors to the many opportunities and pathways before you, while building your confidence to take the steps you choose. We know it can be overwhelming at times, and our promise is to guide you to the ‘right next step’ for you. Your choice, we are with you.
You may choose mainstream employment, further study or supported employment. So, let’s look at your interests, what you enjoy, what skills you have, what do you want to develop. These are some of the outcomes you can expect from your time with Fairhaven. We will work with you to tailor the program to your individual needs.
- Knowing you can
- Being confident to take the next step
- Knowing and taking care of yourself emotionally
- Managing stress and meeting challenges
- Exploring many different career options
- Choosing your own direction
- Planning your career and direction with goals and strategies
- A network of support – you will meet great people during this support, including those who have transitioned from school to work with Fairhaven
- Experience – you will have first-hand experience in the work place, put that on your resume!