Donate pre-loved goods
Established in November 2007, our Op Shopping Village has since built up a reputation as one of the best places to bag a bargain on the Central Coast.
Declutter, help to reduce waste and landfill in our environment and support a worthy cause! When you donate your pre-loved stuff to our op shop, you are helping to support a great local charity.
When sorting through your pre-loved items for donation, please consider “Would I give this to a friend?” Using op shops and charity bins to dispose of rubbish costs charities money they would otherwise use to help others. We can’t accept damaged or unclean items.
Please note that there may be times where we are unable to accept donations due a backlog of items which require processing. Please contact the retail supervisor on 0488 003 992 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm if we are accepting donations.
Items we accept
In good quality, clean, undamaged condition, include:
- Small/medium sized furniture items
- Bric-a-brac, kitchenware, linen, glassware, dinner sets
- Home décor item such as rugs and cushions
- Clothing, jewellery and accessories – men’s, women’s and children’s
- Prints including frames
- DVD’s and CD’S
- Craft supplies
Items we don’t accept
Unfortunately due to safety and hygiene reasons, we are unable to accept the following:
- Mattresses, pillows, doonas and bed frames of any kind
- Melamine/laminate coated furniture items
- Large furniture items, such as:
- Lounges, recliners and sofa beds
- Buffet and hutch units
- Old style TV units
- Computer/office chairs, desks and filing cabinets
- Computers and printers
- Large whitegoods such as fridges and washing machines
- Gym equipment
- Mobility aids
- Secondhand helmets of any kind
- Safety devices, such as:
- Life vests
- Fire extinguishers
- Floation aids
- Safety harnesses
- Child car seats
- Electrical goods, such as:
- Cots, prams strollers, play pens and baby walkers
- Certain books, such as:
- Text books
- Coffee table books
- Readers digest
We are always looking for Volunteers to help out in our op shop with things like sorting, customer service and sales. Any amount of time you can give is greatly appreciated. Read more about volunteering at Fairhaven here.
We Accept Donations*
Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturdays
9:30am to 2:30pm
*Please note that there may be times where we are unable to accept donations due a backlog of items which require processing. Please contact the retail supervisor on 0488 003 992 or email email@example.com to confirm if we are accepting donations.
i have confidence, i have connection, i have choice.
Fairhaven is a registered charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC), with Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status with the Australian Tax Office.
ABN: 83 058 123 729. Charitable Fundraising Number: 15891.