Position: Community Support Worker – Disability
About the business
Fairhaven is a community leader in the provision of services for people living with disability. We offer community participation, day programs, employment opportunities, accommodation and living support. Our Support Workers actively engage with clients to support independence, build individual capacity and empower them to lead enriched and meaningful lives. The people who join our team actively respect the rights of people living with disability and value their contribution to the workplace and the community.
About the role
We are looking for passionate, professional and caring individuals who are committed to providing quality services, support customer choice and inclusion to join our wonderful Community Support Team.
This is an incredibly varied and rewarding role as you will be providing a personalised approach that empowers the client’s independence and choice, while working towards achieving personal goals to make a very real and positive difference to their lives.
- Certificate III in Disability, Individual Support is desirable but not essential, practical experience is considered
- A working knowledge of the supported employee environment and disability sectors is highly desirable
- Strong respect for the capacity of people living with disability to lead empowered and connected lives.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver a high level of customer service at all times and make appropriate decisions
- Current First Aid certificate
- Current Federal Police check (Working with Vulnerable Person Check )
- Current NSW Driver’s license, well maintained vehicle with comprehensive insurance
- NDIS Orientation Certificate
- Moderate to high computer literacy and ability to use PCs, smart phone apps and tablets
“Are you interested in a role that gives back to the community in a meaningful and fulfilling way?
We are a progressive organisation looking for self-motivated, energetic and flexible people with a high level of initiative. We value teamwork and collaboration. If this sounds like you and Fairhaven sounds like a place in which you’d like to make a difference, then we’d love to hear from you.
Please send your resume and covering letter to AskHR@Fairhaven.org.au addressing the requirements for the role or apply online below.
Any questions regarding the role can be emailed to email@example.com
Applications are encouraged from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people living with a disability.